RF Wireless Seminar
The Sennheiser RF Seminar teaches how to plan for trouble-free operation in the toughest environments. Learn how to use multi-channel wireless microphones and wireless monitoring systems, or enhance your existing knowledge of these complex RF systems.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Central Standard Time)
4245 North Knox Avenue, Chicago, IL, USA Get Directions
This event has ended.
The Sennheiser RF Seminar teaches how to plan for trouble-free operation in the toughest environments. Learn how to use multi-channel wireless microphones and wireless monitoring systems, or enhance your existing knowledge of these complex RF systems. The RF seminar features classroom instruction on the following:
• Mechanical waves vs. Electro-Magnetic waves
• RF wave propagation characteristics of various ranges.
3) FREQUENCY SELECTION AND FREQUENCY COORDINATION
• Software and on-line resources
• Lav mic placement and dressing • Testing your set-up
• Best practices for operation
• Multi-zone configurations
6) IN-EAR MONITORING (IEM)
• Mono vs. stereo operations
• Focus mode and engineering mode options
7) COMPUTER MONITORING, CONTROL AND NETWORKING
• RF recording and spectrum analysis tools
8) NEW DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY
• Comparison to traditional analog FM systems
• Latency and field strength considerations, CNR • Self-adjusting antenna booster technology
• Licensed vs. unlicensed operation
• Future spectrum re-allocation topics
10) PLUS: NEW RULES OF THUMB FOR THE NEXT DECADE!
The Sennheiser RF Wireless Sound Academy is presented and taught by experienced industry professionals who have crafted topics and information that are vital, current and fresh.
David Missall is an expert in the field of RF wireless technology. As Manager of Customer Development & Application Engineering for the Americas, David consults prominent news and sports broadcasters, theaters and live music stages on multi-channel wireless installations and events, system design, frequency coordination and microphone application. Among others, David has provided wireless solutions and troubleshooting support for CNN, ESPN, NBC Studios NYC, Fox Sports, Speed Channel Univision, Televisa, WWE and Turner Sports. David
is a member of the Sennheiser Global RF Expert program, which is a company- wide network of Sennheiser RF application engineers that support customers throughout the world. An over 25-year veteran of the professional audio industry, David has worked on various film and TV productions as technical advisor for audio and RF design.
Chris Phillips is an expert in audio DSP programming and control. He has spent 17 years in the industry working in Product Management, Market Development, and Project Engineering roles after graduating with a degree in Commercial Music Business from Missouri Western State University. His integration experience has extended to all phases of project work including system design, programming, and final commissioning for large venues and multiple Fortune 500 corporate clients. Chris is currently enrolled in Sennheiser’s Global RF Experts program
and works on the Customer Development & Application Engineering team for Sennheiser for the Americas.
2112 events are supported by Sling Studio, Shure, and AYRE Productions
Event attendees grant 2112 Inc. and its designees permission to utilize their image or likeness in connection with any live stream or recorded transmission or reproduction of the event, INCLUDING THE PROMOTION THEREOF, IN ALL MEDIA, WORLDWIDE AND IN PERPETUITY.