2112 INTERNSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES
Fall Semester: September 15th
Spring Semester: November 15th
Summer: March 15th
Interviews by the 30th of the month in which the deadline occurs.
Internship offers will be sent within two weeks of the interview.
Students are required to work 15-25 hours a week
Interns will be required to attend at least one outside event per month. This can be anything from attending a related presentation or networking event around the city.
Interns will be matched with a 2112 startup that corresponds with their interest to spend one week per month interning for a startup.
Bi-weekly presentations on project progress.
Interns are required to attend a mentor session every other week
Interns are required to attend at least one event at 2112 per week
How to Apply:
Submit a résumé and cover letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org
2112 Internship Description:
2112 seeks bright young professionals that value creativity, hard work, and passion. As an intern for Chicago’s only creative incubator, participants of 2112’s intern program can expect to learn from some of our city’s most exciting music, film, and tech startups.
- With over 75 companies that span the fields of music, film, tech, design and virtual reality, 2112 is the best place to immerse yourself in Chicago’s bustling creative startup industry.
- As a startup that helps startups, we rely on our intern team to support our daily operations.
- Expand your professional network through working in close proximity to some of Chicago’s most creative innovators.
- Learn the startup business model and the processes to take an idea to market.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Reports to Director of Strategic Initiatives
As an incubator, 2112 prides itself on being able to provide our members with the absolute best possible resources for success. Each member of 2112 is immediately enrolled into our incubation program where they receive personal guidance from 2112 Staff on developing their business or startup. From facilitating key relationships to actively seeking out capital, engaging our members in their business development is what 2112 is all about.
As a member of the business development team, you will be a key point of contact for members and staff alike. You will have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with a wide array of businesses: from infant stage startups, to well-established teams. Each project is unique and every day is different.
- Assist DSI in organizing and prioritizing active member projects
- Enhance member experience
- Assist in developing and management of member rewards program
- Assist in developing and management of member communications
- Assist in developing method for tracking member development
- Act as liaison between members and 2112 staff
- Assist with management of weekly newsletter and social media channels
- Conduct research and outreach in accordance with priorities
- Provide administrative support to 2112 Staff at front desk, during events, etc.
- Strong written/interpersonal communication skills
- Highly organized
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of the entertainment industry preferred
- Passion for entrepreneurship and creative fields
This is an unpaid internship. 2112/Fort Knox Studios do not guarantee employment after the completion of the internship. By entering into this internship program, both the intern and employer understand that the intern is not eligible for wages or benefits. Participation in the internship program is considered a voluntary, educational experience.
Please, no phone calls.